Many people are unaware that what they do on a daily basis can affect their aging process. Like any machine, the human body requires careful maintenance to remain in top condition. To pamper yourself and remain youthful for years to come, try following these simple steps.
1. Take ample amounts of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that provides a boost to your immunity. This often-overlooked vitamin also boosts your collagen levels. In turn, the collagen increases the elasticity of your skin and smooths away wrinkles. Try drinking freshly squeezed juice every day and taking Vitamin C supplements regularly.
2. Reduce sun exposure. Avoid tanning or excessive time in the sun. The ultraviolet rays cause cumulative damage to the skin, making you look older over time. A daily moisturizer with sunscreen helps combat the harmful effects of the sun.
3. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Your body is primarily composed of water. Keeping your body well-hydrated helps your internal systems run smoothly, flushes out toxins, and keeps your skin fresh.
4. Avoid acidic foods. Foods vary in terms of their pH balance. Fruits and vegetables have a high, or alkaline, pH level. Consuming these foods helps maintain your body in its ideal alkaline state, in which it is able to ward off disease. In contrast, foods high in protein, such as animal products, are acidic and make you more prone to illness.
5. Avoid processed sugar. Processed sugar is a potent drug that wreaks havoc on your system. It causes a “high” and then a precipitous “crash.” It accelerates aging and makes you more likely to develop chronic illnesses such as type II diabetes. Steer clear of sugary sodas, junk food, and other processed foods high in sugar.